Tuesday, December 18, 2007

You Talk A Good Game

2007.

What can I say? It's been an amazing year for new music. I tend to think that most years but I think it's especially true this time.
I was going to attempt to make a list of my top 20 albums but that proved far too difficult so instead I present you with a top 10, that's in no particular order as i'm too damn indecisive. Followed by other note worthy releases of the '07.
here we go...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP 10

I'll Be Lightning - Liam Finn

The Ides - frYars

Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga - Spoon

A Guide To Love, Loss and Desperation - The Wombats

The Magic Position - Patrick Wolf

Time On Earth - Crowded House

Messages - To My Boy

Shotters Nation - Babyshambles

Cassadaga - Bright Eyes

Wait For Me - The Pigeon Detectives

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Brilliant Albums...

Free School Milk - Tiny Dancers

Oh We Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside - The Vasco Era

Teenager - The Thrills

Ten New Messages - The Rakes

These Things Move In Threes - Mumm-Ra

Colour It In - The Maccabees

Hats Off To The Buskers - The View

Because of the Times - Kings of Leon

Easy Tiger - Ryan Adams

Strange House - The Horrors

No Fighting In the War Room - Harrisons

Tones of Town - Field Music

Favourite Worst Nightmare - Arctic Monkeys

Control - Goodbooks

Myths of the Near Future - Klaxons

Go! Go! Go! - Bit By Bats

Future Suture - Ned Collette

The Return to From Black Magick Party - Pop Levi

Wincing The Night Away - The Shins

Give 'Em All A Big Fat Lip - The Whigs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, didn't realise there was so many. And I bet I've forgotten at least one or two albums that I really should have included but there you go. My favourite albums of 2007.

Any you haven't heard be sure to check them out. Every single one of them is a keeper.

Cheers.
L.

2 comments:

José Carlos Santos said...

Hi there. Cool blog you have here, hope it grows!

Unknown said...

I'm Nikki. Picked your blog up on a music journo community at LJ. And now I'm adding you.


Bright Eyes' "Cassadaga" was one of my biggest disappointments this year. I'd like to hear your defense of it.